It kicks off on 24 October 2015 at 9.45 and ends on
25 October at 15.00.
The detailed program and information about development environment is available!
New Factory, Väinö Linnan aukio 15, Tampere.
It’s possible to stay overnight in New Factory’s premises.
Just bring your own sleeping bag and mattress.
Coders, designers and innovators are invited
to take up the challenge
and create new applications and services for the smart city.
Participation is free of charge.
We recommend that the team size is max. 5 participants. If you don't yet have a team but want to participate, let us help you out. Go to registration and leave us a note that you would like us to find a team for you!
• How and what kind of data can be collected from Hämeenkatu and how can
it be utilized? How and what kinds of solutions and services can be created
that are useful to both the consumers and the
residents of Hämeenkatu?
• How can open data be utilized to support shops, restaurants and cafes, etc., in Hämeenkatu? What can be done to increase the general appeal of the businesses and make it easier for consumers to use the services?
• How can open data be utilized to support and enable public transport, pedestrians and cycling to run smoothly while bringing parking services, like P-Hämppi, into the big picture?
• What kind of open data can be utilized to organize and manage events, add security or monitor the infrastructure?
• What kinds of services based on real-time data can be provided for entrepreneurs or other people doing business in Hämeenkatu?
Teams will get the open data of Tampere City, the IBM Bluemix platform, Arduino-compatible development boards and a number of other components.